Sunday, January 29, 2006

Woo hoo!

Just got an email saying the wedding dress I ordered on eBay is en route to my house! (Yes, I realize this violates the "no more dress posts" pledge just a couple of posts below, and I'll warn you that I'll probably make it worse by posting the day it actually gets here.)

UPDATE: the dress is here! Dave signed for it, and despite a panic attack (the box was wet) it arrived, blemish free, and fits (though it's hard to do up because of the nature of the dress (can't give more details than that b/c Dave reads the blog) and it's a wee bit loose at the boobs! I'm hoping it'll need lots of alterations by August anyway! Duty was $89.40, making the dress $485.73, all in (except alterations) which made this eBay experiment a savings of $495.22 cheaper than anywhere else I shopped. YIPEE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great news Heather! Though dont you think you should have had it delivered to your parents house so that the fiance doesnt 'accidently' see it?

Heather said...

Yeah in hindsight it would have been a good idea to send it to mum and dad, but I wanted to make sure it was just what I ordered when it got here. I'm bringing it to their house next time I head East (or they head West).

Dave's more superstitious than I am about not seeing the dress so I'm not worried about him snooping.