Tuesday, November 01, 2005

At this rate we have enough candy for the next 50 years!

Hallowe'en night. I leave work just after 5:30pm. I'm SO excited for our first Hallowe'en in our first house. I'm excited to have kids come by in adorable costumes, and excited to be handing out mounds of candy.

I pack up my desk at work and call Dave to check in. He had already gone out to buy 150 mini chocolate bars. Perfect! He already had the pumpkin he carved on the front porch, with a lit candle inside welcoming all the little ghouls. Perfect! The lights were on, the front door was open, and we were ready for the excitement the night would bring. After hearing something on the radio about unicef boxes, I stop to buy a roll of dimes in case we have lots of unicef boxes. Our first hallowe'en at our first house, and I was probably more excited than most little kids in costumes.

6:30 rolls by, no kids. Two kids stop by at 6:45, and I load their already brimming sacks with handfulls of mini chocolate bars. One had a crappy costume, but I didn't care, I just kept handing it out. I even told them to tell other kids we were giving out gobs of candy so they'd send their little friends over. Nothing. One cute little girl dressed as Barney comes by at 7:15 with her mum and dad.

That was it for the entire night! We brought the pumpkin in at 10:00 and went to bed. I guess it's good I didn't go hog wild with decorations this year!

No comments: