Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Adventures in painting

Some of the fun (that's what we'll call it for now) that comes with owning an older home means that you have tons of work to do before it's ready to list. One of the most fun things we're doing is pitching/giving away stuff that we don't need, putting what we don't need right away in storage, chipping away loose paint and cement, filling the cracks, and re-painting the floor and walls with waterproofing paint.

We've been doing it in stages, not only for our own mental health, but so that the cement patch can cure and paint can adhere, that kinda fun stuff.

Yesterday while I spruced the upstairs up, Dave worked on painting one of the last sections of the basement.

Scarlett came upstairs to visit, and I picked her up for a snuggle, and lo and behold her paws were COVERED in white paint.

I spent the next half hour cutting away fur that was laden with paint, while she growled, hissed, grumbled, and squirmed constantly. What a little monkey.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks oh so VERY amused. Typical Scarlett.

Jess said...

I have a grey-stripy girl myself and I would recognize that expression anywhere!

Anonymous said...

i love the kity in the photo...thanks for showing such pretty photos of the kitty :p

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor baby.

Anonymous said...

OMG...how big is that cat?

EUC said...

elaine: very.

daysgoby: She's more tan than grey but definitely a tabby personality.

jhong ren: Thanks. I love her too

nancy: meh she brought it on herself.

wordgirl: I feel the need to leap to the defense of my cat! She weighs 8 lbs.

kittenpie said...

Aaah! That's the sort of thing I live in fear of. She's gorgy, though...

Anonymous said...

Awww...painty paws. Poor Scarlett. But she sure is cute :)

(can you tell I'm a cat person?)