Friday, January 05, 2007

So this blog thing? I'm supposed to write in it eh? I can't just leave it to write posts on its own? Who knew!

Here's life in the 'shwa over the last week in point form:

  • I got my dad a really cool (if I do say so myself) aromatherapy heat pack you just microwave and it heats up and smells beautiful. Buying it was an odd experience where some dude with a heavy French (not Quebec) accent draped it over my neck and over my shoulders - it was all a little bit too touchey-feeley for me, but it felt nice. I thought it was so cool I decided to get myself one this week after having had two major migraines. Unfortunately my timing is once again impeccable, and the kiosk that sells them has moved on to greener pastures (ie not the 'shwa). Will try to find myself one online.
  • I bought this t-shirt for myself and now it's the only t-shirt I want to wear. It says

    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

    I think it's even funnier when people don't get it.
  • I also got this one for Dave for Christmas.
  • We bought some catnip for the cats last time we were out to the pet store and I realized that I'd forgotten how hilarious that stuff is. Rhett goes absolutely bananas for it. He eats it off the floor, while Scarlett just sniffs it, but it usually ends in both of them in a full wrestling match. In said matches Rhett just does his best to sit on Scarlett most of the time, and when he's successful she lets out the most awful "you're sitting on me you big oaf!" squeak. Truly (and sadly) this is what passes for entertainment in our house.
  • I'm confident that by the end of this weekend our house will be (mostly) organized. Most of the week off that wasn't spent doing holiday visiting was spent shopping (yay new desk, so long saggy particleboard nightmare!), hemming curtains (they're not old lady sheers now!) and figuring out a spot for our stuff. Slowly but surely the place is coming together, much to my excitement and relief.
  • New Years' day I made a lovely turkey breast dinner, with stuffing, green beans and my spinach salad (baby spinach, mango cubes, mandarin oranges, pomegranate seeds, and coconut with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing).
  • I tried stove top stuffing for the first time and MAN is that stuff good! I'm a huge fan of the home made variety, but it totally did the trick.
  • We've given away some of our old kitchen appliances and dishes to a girl moving in to the social housing where my mum is a director, and are giving away our old clothes and other things to a cerebral palsy charity so the big cleanout and organization sweep will get done.
  • Our four-month-iversary was on Boxing day, which means our marriage has outlasted Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson! Go us!
  • We had a date night last night - dinner (mall Thai food, which was actually wicked good!) and a movie. We both really loved Stranger Than Fiction, and it made a great date movie.
  • Tomorrow is matron of honour dress shopping day for my sister's wedding. Bring on the taffeta and puffy sleeves! I'll wear it all!
  • Canada won the world juniors hockey tournament today! yay!

6 comments:

IzzyMom said...

I have that shirt in my Stylehive. I love it!!!

Ballpoint Wren said...

LOL at that t-shirt haiku!

Congrats on your anniversary, too!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm a huge fan of Stove Top Stuffing! Ha!

EUC said...

izzymom: Me too, had to have it.

ballpointwren: I knew when I couldn't stop laughing I should probably just order it.

Teena: Me too, though it feels somewhat dirty to admit it.

megan said...

Hi there,

I ordered shirts from that place 3 weeks ago and they have yet to arrive. How long did your's take?

velocibadgergirl said...

I LOVE THAT SHIRT!!

I just posted about on my blog. Weird.