Monday, January 08, 2007

In the "way too little, way too late" category

We have this news article.

Call me crazy, but if Tony Blair had an issue with the way Saddam Hussein was executed one might think he'd have voiced his opinion, oh, I dunno, say BEFORE it actually happened. Asshat.

Also? I'll be the first one to say Saddam was a Very Bad Man. He along with the Bath party did a great number of Really Bad things. Why do we kill people to show people that killing people is wrong? Also? Why install, arm, and otherwise support a dictator and then later decide he is a Very Bad Man?

I'd better stop or this short post will turn into a Very Long One.

3 comments:

ElaineMI said...

Seems like we go around and around on this death penalty thing. I'm not for the death penalty (I'm also against abortion....especially when abortion is legal for the mother to kill her offspring yet it is a 2nd cound of murder if someone kills a pregnant mother...but this is a subject I'm not touching here). I think instead of the death penalty, the convicted should sit in jail for the rest of their lives without any possibility of parole. It is not for us to put to death another person. Thou shall not kill...which makes me wonder if that is suppose to extend towards the killing of animals?

cinnamon gurl said...

Wow, what an impressively concise post on such a vexing issue!

In 100% agreement with you. Here in Canada I don't anyone's going around and around on the issue.

Glad elanemi didn't touch on the abortion issue. ;)

Heather said...

elainemi: Some veggies think that animals are included. You of course know I can't back you up on the anti-abortion stance.

Cinnamon gurl: I'm glad you think so. It was a choice between "concise" and "verbal diarrhea."