Monday, April 10, 2006

Dog park at dusk

The frogs in the marsh Sunday were almost deafening. This was recorded after the dogs ran through the water, which not only scared the living daylights out of the frogs but silenced half of them. I think anything as small as these frogs that can sing this loud should get a mate.



Trotting uphill




I love the way the faint vapour trails crisscross the sky like fireworks.



There were definitely signs of spring popping through the sandy soil.



Stopping for a kiss.

9 comments:

DebbieDoesLife said...

LOVE the kiss picture!

Heather said...

Thanks! The sun was pretty low in the sky and it was an impromptu shot but I'm really glad I took it. I might even frame it I like it so much.

Unknown said...

What lovely images! And the frogs! The frogs sound like aliens. Are you sure there weren't aliens around? Did you actually see the frogs making actual noises?

~ said...

K.D. Lang's version of "Halleluja" is incredibly haunting. You might want to try the Jeff Buckley version although it lacks the cultural significance of the K.D. Lang version.

Heather said...

Marla: I didn't see either aliens or frogs, so I guess it might've been premature to call them frogs! :P

Leslie: Haunting is a great desription- when I read your comment I had to play it again. Dave remembered hearing a different version in Shrek II and we did find Buckley's version, It's great ( is good, but just not the same. I like it, though!

Wordgirl: it may be a Canadian thing - once spring hits I just have to be outside. Plus, the dogs are a great excuse for getting out.

Sara and Scott said...

The version in Shrek is by Rufus Wainwright, I'm a huge fan.
(He also does the title song to the OC, but is sadly dead)

Heather said...

Ah right Sara... and yeah I liked that version. Guess I'll be doing more downloading tonight.

Sara and Scott said...

Apparently my information re: Rufus Wainwright was wrong. He is apparently not dead.

Heather said...

Glad he's not dead. Wonder why our shared brain thought that.