Thursday, January 12, 2006

And I thought WE were nuts...

As people reading this blog may know, Dave has two BIG dogs and I have two cats. I freely admit that I was more than a bit worried that moving in together with our pets (my cats had never been around dogs) would result in unmitigated chaos. Luckily my fears were all for nothing and it's all worked out amazingly well.

But it's always good to hear there are people who (at least by our own standards) are nuttier than we think we are. That's why when I saw this article I breathed a sigh of relief.

Apparently there's a couple in Alberta who keep a buffalo named Bailey who not only lives outdoors at their house, is also allowed to roam IN the house!

Now the odd twist here is that they're buffalo farmers... as in for the meat. Maybe it's the vegetarian inner voice in me but does that seem odd to anyone else?

2 comments:

Sara and Scott said...

Hmmmmm "This one is my pet, this one is a burger"

Definitely seems odd.

Anonymous said...

Only in Alberta...